You will not, either during or after the termination of your employment, use or disclose to any person, company or other organisation any information relating to Lara Nichols, any settlement between us, our business, customers, or any information relating to third parties that comes into your possession in the course of your employment.
This being except where it is:
- in the course of your duties under your contract of employment with us
- with our prior written permission or that of other parties concerned
- where required to do so by a court
- or protected under the Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998 you having first followed our procedure.
You are to exercise reasonable care to keep safe all documentary or other material containing confidential information, and shall at the time of termination of your employment with us, or at any other time upon demand, return to us any such material in your possession.
All written material, whether held on paper, electronically or magnetically which was made or acquired by you during the course of your employment with us, is our property and our copyright. At the time of termination of your employment with us, or at any other time upon demand, you shall return to us any such material in your possession.
Any statements to reporters from newspapers, radio, television, etc. in relation to our business will only be given by the Managing Director.
An invention or discovery made by you will normally belong to you. However, an invention or discovery made by you will become our property, including any patent rights, if it was made:
- in the course of your normal duties under such circumstances that an invention might reasonably be expected to result from those duties
- outside the course of your normal duties, but during duties specifically assigned to you, when an invention might reasonably be expected to result from these
- during the course of any of your duties, and at the time you had a special obligation to further our interests arising from the nature of those duties, and your particular responsibilities.
This list is not exhaustive.
This clause shall not apply to information which might come into the public domain other than in consequence of your or any other person’s fault.
A breach of this policy may lead to immediate termination of your employment contract or action being taken against you in law.